NG Domain Policies and Agreement
Important Notice For .NG Domains
- The registrant must be an individual or entity present in Nigeria, or having a trademark, business or proxy in Nigeria.
- Domains will not be registered for speculative purposes.
- Although, domains operate on a first come-first serve basis, a registrant shall not register another entity’s trademark as a name except if he has rights to such trademark as well e.g. an individual will NEVER be allowed to register glo.com.ng except if it’s authorized by Globacom.
- Generic domain registration requests (esp. .com.ng)will not be accepted. Many of generic names are regarded as premium names which will be auctioned at a later date e.g jobs.com.ng
- .edu.ng is reserved for degree awarding higher institutions (polythecnics and colleges of education inc.), .gov.ng is reserved for governmental parastatals and setups, .net.ng for telecoms setups.